Madison Rotary Club
Rotary is a worldwide organization of business and professional leaders that provides humanitarian service, encourages high ethical standards in all vocations and helps build goodwill and peace in the world. Approximately 1.2 million Rotarians belong to more than 32,000 clubs in more than 200 countries and geographical areas.
The Madison Rotary club has 40 to 50 members, both men and women, representing several professions. The Madison Rotary contributes $5,000 to $7,000 each year to projects in Madison and worldwide.
The object of Rotary is to encourage and foster the ideal of service as a basis of worthy enterprise and, in particular, to encourage and foster:
- FIRST. The development of acquaintance as an opportunity for service;
- SECOND. High ethical standards in business and professions, the recognition of the worthiness of all useful occupations, and the dignifying of each Rotarian's occupation as an opportunity to serve society;
- THIRD. The application of the ideal of service in each Rotarian's personal, business, and community life;
- FOURTH. The advancement of international understanding, goodwill, and peace through a world fellowship of business and professional persons united in the ideal of service.
Why Join Rotary?
Each Rotary club strives for a membership that is an up-to-date and progressive representation of its community’s business, vocational and professional interests. Membership in Rotary offers a number of benefits including:
- Effecting change within the community
- Developing leadership skills
- Gaining an understanding of — and having an impact on — international humanitarian issues.
- Developing relationships with community and business leaders
If you have questions, would like to attend a meeting or are interested in becoming a fellow Rotarian, please contact the current club president.
Click thumbnails to enlarge
<< Return to the Directory